Keep calm & let the holiday cheer carry on! Here are 10 quick tips to have a healthy, stress-free holiday.
1. Make a budget for gifts and stick to it.
2. Finalize your shopping schedule so you’re not purchasing gifts hours before the party.
3. Keep a master list of your holiday tasks to stay organized. This is just to make sure nothing slips through the cracks – no need to cross everything off in one day!
4. Squeeze in 30 – 60 minutes each day to unwind. Try an uplifting movie, book or podcast!
5. Get plenty of sleep – experts say eight hours is best to reduce your risk of catching a bug.
6. Stay hydrated to protect yourself from viruses and infections. Carry a bottle of water with you at work or on shopping trips.
7. Carry hand santizer to use after touching doors, pushing elevator buttons, exchanging cash, etc.
8. Consider taking a multivitamin or adding Vitamin C and D to your daily routine to boost your immune system and keep the winter blues away.
9. Bring a nutritious side dish or dessert to your celebration. Look for recipe ideas on Pinterest, MyFitnessPal or your favorite food blog.
10. Wait 10 minutes after your first helping at holiday meals, then check in with your appetite before getting seconds to avoid overeating.
Did You Know?
The average American’s stress level during the holidays is 4.9 out of 10.
Finances are the largest source of stress.
One in three Americans travel for holiday celebrations.
Holiday spending in the United States totals nearly $721 billion.
Remember the Reason for the Season
When you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a deep breath and refocus on what matters: family, joy, laughter and time with those you love. Wishing you and your family the happiest holidays.
*Sources: American Psychological Association 2019; 2018 Planning and Progress Study, Northwestern Mutual; AAA; NRF